Custard Powder Cake Recipe without Eggs. A wonderful cake recipe to serve with coffee.
A simple and delicious eggless cake recipe using custard powder. The chocolate glaze is optional but it gives a beautiful look and taste to the dessert.
Can I use Vanilla Custard Powder?
Yes, you can any flavored custard powder to prepare this cake.
How long can I store Custard Powder Cake?
It stays for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Don’t forget to add the chocolate glaze just before serving.
Is this vegan?
No. it is an eggless cake but not vegan.
Few More Eggless Baking Recipes:
- Dates Cake
- Whole Wheat Tutti Frutti Cake
- Vanilla Sponge Cake
- Biscotti Regina
- Fruitcake Cookies
- Wheat Chocolate Blueberry Muffins
- Wheat Oat Almond Cookies
- Snowball Cookies
Eggless Strawberry Custard Powder Cake With Chocolate Glaze Recipe below:
Eggless Strawberry Custard Powder Cake with Chocolate Glaze
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour / Maida
- ¾ cup Strawberry Flavored Custard Powder
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ cup + 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter softened
- 1 cup Milk
For Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 tbsp Warm Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease an 8″ round cake pan with butter or oil and set aside.
- Combine the flour, custard powder, sugar and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the milk, vanilla and butter and beat until you get a smooth batter.
- Quickly pour this batter into the greased cake pan.
- Immediately place the cake pan in the preheated oven.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for about 35 mins to 40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 15 minutes and then invert.
- Let it cool completely.
- To make the chocolate glaze, melt the butter and set aside.
- Whisk the cocoa powder and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Add the warm milk, melted butter and vanilla to the cocoa mixture and beat well it until well combined.
- Immediately pour this over the whole cake or each slice.
- Decorate with rose petals.
Nutrition values are estimates only.