Kesar Lassi Recipe – Refreshing and delicious Indian beverage with saffron
What is Kesar Lassi?
Lassi is a traditional yogurt-based drink made in India and Pakistan. Kesar Lassi is a sweet lassi, a simple yogurt drink infused with saffron and cardamom. Kesar means Saffron in English.
Can I use saffron powder instead of saffron strands?
Yes, use ⅛ tsp of ground saffron in the place of 8-10 saffron strands.
How to make it vegan?
Simply replace the yogurt with any plant-based yogurt like almond milk yogurt or soy yogurt. Also, replace milk with a tablespoon of hot water to soak the saffron.
It can be served along with parathas, samosas or kachoris. You can also serve a glass of chilled lassi as a snack in summer days.
- Do not use sour yogurt or dahi for this recipe. Always try to use fresh yogurt.
- The consistency of drink should be thick. The milk quantity depends on the thickness of yogurt. Add more or less milk accordingly.
- If you have time, avoid adding ice cubes and chill it in the refrigerator. It helps to maintain the lassi consistency.
You might also like
How to make Kesar Lassi recipe below:
Kesar Lassi Recipe
- 2 cups Fresh Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ cup Cold Milk
- 1 tbsp Hot Milk
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 8 - 10 Saffron Strands
- Almonds and Pistachios for garnish
- Ice Cubes
- Soak the saffron in a tablespoon of hot milk for some time and crush it well.
- Take yogurt, saffron milk, sugar, cardamom powder and milk in a blender.
- Blend it until smooth and frothy.
- If you want a slightly thin consistency, add little more milk to the lassi while blending.
- Pour the lassi into glasses and add the crushed ice cubes to it.
- Garnish with nuts and saffron.
- You can also chill the lassi in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrition values are estimates only.
sushma Mallya says
looks so yum
So frothy and yummy, very tempting clicks..
Jasna Varcakovic says
I love lassi; will try your recipe!
Oh my! I wish I could drink this right off the screen! Absolutely delicious looking.Love the froth 🙂
I am in love with lassis in every combination- haven't tried it with saffron and cardamom yet. Sounds and looks fantastic!
Lassi is very frothy and looks so yummy. Tasted different flavoured lassis but this looks so tempting. Kesariya Lassi is awesome.
Hari Chandana P says
Thank you so much Shravani! 🙂