Moongphali Chat or Peanut Chaat – Healthy, delicious and no oil Indian snack that can be served with a cup of coffee or chai.
Peanut chaat or moongphali chat is a healthy Indian snack made with boiled peanuts, raw onion, raw tomato, spices and coriander leaves. This snack is super healthy and requires no oil.
Few more snack recipes on the blog:
- Chana Chaat
- Pyaz Ki Kachori
- Methi Na Gota
- Bombay Veg Sandwich
- Peanut Sundal
- Kothimbir Vadi
- Ulundu Kozhukattai
- Avarekalu Vada
How to make peanut chaat video below:
Boiled Peanut Chaat Recipe
- 1 cup Peanuts
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Raw Mango peeled & finely chopped (optional)
- 1-2 Green chillies finely chopped
- ½ tsp Amchur / Dry Mango Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ¾ tsp Chat Masala
- 1-2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1-2 tbsp Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Soak the peanuts for 2 hours. Pressure cook the peanuts with a little salt and required water for 3 – 4 whistles.
- Drain the excess water and transfer the peanuts to a wide mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients to it and combine well.
- Add more chaat masala or lemon juice or red chilli powder if needed.
- Adjust the salt and mix everything until combined.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges.
Nutrition values are estimates only.