Ammini Kozhukattai or Mani Kozhukattai is a traditional South Indian dish that is usually prepared during Ganesh Chaturthi festival. There are a few versions of making this traditional naivedyam and today’s recipe is the sweet version. If you have leftover modakam dough or kozhukattai dough, you can use that as well.
Few More Vinayaka Chaturthi Recipes:
- Bellam Thalikalu
- Rava Modak
- Bellam Kudumulu
- Ulundu Kozhukattai
- Ellu Kozhukattai
- Pala Undrallu
How to Make Sweet Ammini Kozhukattai Recipe Video below:
Sweet Ammini Kozhukattai Recipe - Jaggery Mani Kozhukattai Recipe
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Jaggery
- 1/4 cup Grated Fresh Coconut
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Oil
- A pinch of Salt
- Add some water and oil in a bowl and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Combine the rice flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the boiling water to the flour and mix it well with a spatula to make a smooth dough.
- The dough should be soft and slightly sticky.
- Grease your hand with oil and divide the dough into small round balls.
- Place the prepared balls in a steamer or greased idli plates and steam cook them over high flame for 10 minutes. Keep them aside.
- Combine the jaggery and little water in a pan. Let the jaggery dissolve completely.
- Add the grated coconut and cardamom powder to the jaggery syrup and let it cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Then add the steamed rice balls and fry for 2 minutes.