And here’s a full list of Varalakshmi Vratham Recipes.
Andhra Poornam Boorelu / Sugeelu / Suzhiyan / Poornalu Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 45 mins | Makes: 28 – 30
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup Urad Dal
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1.5 cups Chana Dal
- 2 Cups Jaggery, powdered
- ½ cup Grated Fresh Coconut
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and soak the urad dal and rice overnight or 6 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the urad dal and rice to a smooth paste by adding little water
- It should be like a thick dosa batter.
- Add a pinch of salt to and mix well.
- Keep it aside.
- Wash and pressure cook the chana dal with just enough water to cover the dal. It should be cooked and hold shape. You can also cook the dal in a vessel.
- Drain all the water completely. Make sure that there is no water.
- Let it cool.
- Grind the dal into a powder and set aside.
- Combine the jaggery and little water in a pan and let the dissolves completely.
- Add the ground chana dal, cardamom powder and coconut to the melted jaggery.
- Mix everything until combined.
- Cool until the mixture thickens.
- When the mixture becomes like a dough, switch off the flame.
- Let the mixture cool completely.
- Divide the mixture into 28 – 30 round shape balls and set aside.
- Heat enough oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Then dip the each chana dal ball in the prepared urad dal batter and let it coat evenly.
- Drop them gently in the hot oil. Deep fry till golden brown color.
- Drain them on paper towels and serve.
You might also like to check these recipes: