Gutti Vankaya Kobbari Karam - Andhra Stuffed Brinjal with Coconut
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
Author: Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian, Andhra
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 12 - 14 Brinjals / Eggplants small sized
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 3/4 cup Fresh Coconut Pieces
- 1/2 cup Cilantro / Coriander Leaves, tightly packed
- 4 Green Chillies or as needed
- 1 - 1.5 tsp Tamarind Pulp
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Grind the coconut, coriander leaves, tamarind pulp green chillies and salt into a little coarse paste and keep it aside.
- Wash the eggplants and make a plus (+) slit on the bottom of the eggplant. Keep one end intact.
- Now stuff the eggplants with ground coconut mixture and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a wide pan. Place the stuffed eggplants carefully into the pan and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle a handful of water and cove it with a lid.
- Let it cook on a low flame. Keep checking in between and tun the brinjals until they are evenly cooked.
- When they are soft, tun off the flame.
- If you have any remaining stuffing, add it before turning off the flame.
- Serve hot with rice.
You might also like to check these recipes: