If you are looking for more chutney recipes then do check Peanut Coriander Chutney, Onion Tomato Red Chutney, Curry Leaves Coconut Chutney, Peanut Mint Chutney, Peanut Onion Chutney, Onion Tomato Chutney, Pudina Kobbari Pachadi and Kobbari Tomato Pachadi.
Carrot Chutney Recipe for Tiffins
- 1 cup Grated Carrot
- 1 Onion medium sized
- 1 tbsp Chana Dal
- 2 tsp Urad Dal
- ½ tsp Ginger
- 3 Dried Red Chillies
- A small piece of Tamarind (approx. ½ tsp)
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 tsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Urad Dal
- A pinch of Hing
- A few Curry Leaves
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add and fry the chana dal and urad dal until they are golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add red chillies and fry for a few seconds and set them aside.
- Then add the grated carrot to the same pan and saute on a low flame till it shrinks and raw smell leaves. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a teaspoon of oil. Add the chopped onion and fry until light brown color.
- Let it cool completely.
- Grind all the sauteed ingredients along with tamarind, salt and ginger.
- Add required water and grind to a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- When they are brown, add the hing and curry leaves and turn off the flame.
- Add the seasoned ingredients to the chutney and combine.
- Serve with idli or dosa.
Nutrition values are estimates only.
You might also like to check these recipes: