Here’s a complete list of Sankranti Recipes
Bellam Pongali Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianDessert
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 4
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1 cup powdered Jaggery
- ¼ cup Chana Dal
- 3 cups Water
- 1 to 1 ¼ cups Milk
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tbsp Dry Coconut Slices
- Cashews and Raisins
- 2 – 3 tbsp Ghee
- Wash the rice and chana dal and pressure it with 3 cups of water for 3 – 4 whistles.
- Switch off the flame and wait until pressure gets
released by itself.
- Add the milk and cardamom powder to the cooked rice and let it simmer for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the powdered jaggery. Mix well and cover with a lid.
- Mix again after 2 minutes. Mix well until jaggery melts.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the coconut pieces, cashews and raisins to golden brown.
- Pour this over the rice mixture and mix well. Serve!
You might also like to check these Festival Recipes: