A healthy and refreshing Indian summer beverage with lemons and sabja or sweet basil seeds. A great way to beat the summer heat.
What is Sabja Nimbu Pani?
It is a refreshing Indian summer drink and is nothing but lemon juice with some soaked sabja seeds or sweet basil seeds. It is considered one of the refreshing and healthy drinks to beat the summer heat.
Sabja is also known as sweet basil seeds, falooda seeds and tukmaria. They will help to cool down the body in the hot summer and also good for digestion.
The seeds need to be soaked in enough water for at least 10-15 minutes. They absorb water and swell.
How long can you keep soaked sabja?
The soaked seeds can be kept in the refrigerator for a day. You can soak them beforehand and store in the refrigerator, whenever you need it, add them to the lemon juice just before you serve.
Serving suggestions for sabja lemonade:
It is perfect to serve on a hot summer afternoon. Whenever you crave for cool drinks, swap it with this natural cooler.
Few more Indian drinks you’ll love:
- Pistachio Lassi
- Nungu Paal
- Nungu Lemonade
- Mango Mastani
- Papaya Lassi
- Salted Cucumber Lassi
How to make sabja nimbu pani recipe below:
Sabja Nimbu Pani Recipe or Sweet Basil Seed Lemonade
- 1 tsp Basil Seeds / Sabja Seeds
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice or as needed
- 2 tbsp Sugar or as needed
- Soak the basil seeds in 1/2 cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Take two cups of chilled water, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl. Mix well until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the soaked basil seeds to it and combine it.
- Pour the juice into glasses and serve.