Moong Dal Sundal / Pasiparuppu Sundal Recipe
Preparation & Cooking Time : 15 mins
Serves: 2 persons
Moong Dal: 1/4 cup
Grated Fresh Coconut: 2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds: 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal : 1/4 tsp
Dried Red Chillies: 3 - 4
Curry Leaves: 1 sprig
A pinch of turmeric powder
A pinch of hing
Salt to taste
Oil: 1 tsp
1. In a vessel, add the rinsed moong dal, water along with turmeric powder.
2. Let it cook for 10 -12 minutes till moong dal turns soft. The dal should not lose its shape, but should be soft. Drain the water and set aside.
3. Heat one teaspoon of oil in pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal and let them splutter.
4. Add the broken red chillies, curry leaves and hing and fry for a few seconds. Now add the cooked moong dal and saute for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the grated fresh coconut and salt to it and mix well. Turn off the flame and serve.
- You can also check other Snacks recipes here
- Check out other recipes of Moong Dal here
- Back to Recipe Index