If you are searching for more Chutney Recipes then do check Curry leaves coconut chutney, Bottle Gourd Chutney, Mint peanut chutney, onion peanut chutney and Snake gourd sesame chutney.
Onion Tomato Red Chutney Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianBreakfast
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 2
- 1 cup Onions, chopped
- 1 cup Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- A pinch of Hing
- Salt to taste
- In a mixer jar, add the chopped tomatoes and onions and grind it to a puree.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Then add the curry leaves and hing and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Now pour the onion tomato puree and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the red chilli powder, salt and 1/4 cup of water to it and let it cook for a few minutes or until the chutney gets the desired consistency.
- Serve with idli, dosa or vada.
You might also like to check these recipes: