Kobbari Paala Paramannam Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins| Serves: 2 – 3
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1/2 cup Raw Rice
- 1 cup Jaggery, powdered
- 3/4cup Fresh Coconut Pieces
- 1/4 cup Milk, boiled
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Cashews and Raisins as needed
- A big pinch of Baking Soda
- Wash and pressure cook the rice with one cup of water for 3 whistles.
- Turn off the flame and wait until the pressure gets released by itself.
- Take the coconut pieces in a blender / mixie and grind to a paste.
- Add 3/4 cup of warm water to it and grind well.
- Strain in a fine cloth or strainer and collect the extract.
- Add another 3/4 cup of warm water to the coconut and blend again.
- Strain and collect the milk.
- Combine the baking soda and milk and set aside. This will prevent milk from curdling.
- Add the powdered jaggery and coconut milk to the cooked rice and let the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Add the milk and cardamom powder to it and let it boil over a medium – low flame for about 10 minutes.
- When the mixture thickens, turn off the flame.
- This will continue to thicken as it cools down.
- Melt ghee in a pan. First fry the cashews and then raisins to golden color.
- Pour this over the rice mixture and combine well.
You might also like to check these recipes: