If you are looking for more Naivedyam recipes then do check Poornam Boorelu, Bobbatlu, Panchamrutham, bellam Pongali, Paramannam, Rava Pulihora, Daddojanam, Javvarisi Payasam, Ava Pettina Pulihora, Rava Appalu, Pala Munjalu and Kobbari Payasam.
And here’s a full list of Varalakshmi Vratham naivedyam Recipes.
Andhra Style Wheat Rava Sweet Pongal Recipe
- 1 cup Wheat Rava / Cracked Wheat
- 1.5 cups Jaggery powdered
- 1/4 cup Chana Dal
- 3 cups Water
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups Milk boiled
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tbsp Dry Coconut Slices
- Cashews and Raisins as needed
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- Wash the chana dal and wheat rava and pressure cook it with 3 cups of water for 3 – 4 whistles.
- Turn off the flame and wait until the pressure gets released by itself.
- Add the milk and cardamom powder to the cooked wheat rava and combine. Let it simmer for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and the powdered jaggery.
- Mix well and cover it with a lid. Mix again after two minutes.
- Mix again until jaggery melts.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Fry the coconut slices, cashews and raisins to golden brown color.
- Pour this over the wheat rava mixture and mix until well combined.
- Serve warm or cold.
You might also like to check these Recipes: