And here’s a full list of Diwali Snacks Recipes
Palli Murukulu / Groundnut Murukku Recipe
Hari Chandana P Indian Snack
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 4 – 5
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- ½ cup Peanuts / Groundnuts
- ¼ cup Roasted Bengal Gram
- 1 tsp White Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp Hing
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan on a medium flame, slowly roast the peanuts to golden brown color.
- Let them cool and rub the skins off.
- Grind the roasted peanuts into powder then add a little water and grind into a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Grind the roasted gram into a fine powder and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl. combine the rice flour, salt, red chilli powder, hing, powdered roasted gram and peanut paste. Mix well.
- Add water little by little and knead it into a soft and pliable dough.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Take a small portion of the dough and place it in the murukku press.
- Now slowly press the murukku press over the hot oil.
- Deep fry them until golden brown color, turn over to fry both sided evenly.
- Drain them on paper towels and let them cool completely.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Serve as a teatime snack.
You might also love to check these recipes: