Rava Appalu Recipe – Andhra Style Traditional Festival Recipe
Hari Chandana P Indian Dessert
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Makes: 12
- 1/2 cup Semolina / Suji
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Grated Dry Coconut
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Dry roast the semolina on a low flame for 2 minutes on a low flame. Keep it aside.
- Bring a cup of water to a rolling boil.
- Slowly add the roasted semolina and stir continuously without any lumps. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add ghee, coconut and cardamom powder to it and mix.
- Reduce the flame to low. Cover it with a lid and let it cook until the mixture thickens.
- Switch off the flame and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid and allow it to cool.
- Grease your hands and knead the cooked mixture for a minute. Divide the mixture into lemon sized balls and flatten them between your palms.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Deep fry them on medium flame until golden brown color. Do not overcrowd the pan while frying. Remove from the oil and cool.
You might also like to check these recipes: