Chintakaya Pulihora – Raw Tamarind Rice Recipe
- ½ cup Raw Rice
- 5 Raw Tamarind (approx. 3 inch sized tamarind)
- 1– 2 Green Chillies
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- ½ tbsp Chana Dal
- ½ tbsp Urad Dal
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Jaggery powdered (optional)
- A pinch of Hing
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and pressure cook the rice for 3 whistles.
- Spread the cooked rice on a wide plate and let it cool completely.
- Pressure cook the raw tamarind with water for 3 whistles. Drain and let them cool.
- Peel the cooked tamarind and discard the peel.
- Add water and squeeze the extract out of the tamarind. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and peanuts and fry them until golden brown color.
- Add the slit green chillies, red chillies, hing and curry leaves to it and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the raw tamarind extract, turmeric powder, salt and jaggery to the seasoned ingredients and mix well.
- Cook the mixture until the oil gets separates. Turn off the heat.
- Add this cooked mixture to the rice and combine everything.
You might also like to check these Traditional Recipes: