Here's a complete list of Ugadi Recipes
Thengai Paal Semiya Payasam / Vermicelli Coconut Milk Kheer Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins|Cook time: 15 mins| Serves: 2
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert, Sweet
- 1/2 cup Vermicelli
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1.5 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Cashews as needed
- Raisins as needed
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashews till golden color. Then add the raisins and fry until plumps up. Take them out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add and roast the vermicelli on a low - medium flame til they change color to light golden brown color.
- Add one cup of boiling water to the roasted vermicelli. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the powdered jaggery and cardamom powder to the cooked vermicelli and combine. Let the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Turn off the flame. Add the coconut milk and mix until well combined. Add the fried cashews and raisins and mix.
- Serve warm or chilled.