Fruit Custard is one of the most delicious and healthy desserts and is very easy to make no matter what the occasion is. Also look at it as the perfect way to add fruits to the diet to boost our nutrition intake. I've already posted Apple Custard and Mango Custard recipes a few years ago - both being single/lone fruit recipes. You can use any seasonal fruits except watermelon to make fruit custard. I've used apple, grapes, banana, pomegranate and orange. You can also add nuts to make the custard richer.
I've recently started making videos for this website, fruit custard being my 4th video. For other videos, please visit my Youtube channel here
Prep Time: 10 mins|Cook time: 15 mins| Serves: 6
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: dessert
- 2.5 cups Milk
- 4 cups chopped Fruits
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 2.5 tbsp Custard Powder (vanilla flavored)
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence (optional)
- Take milk in a heavy bottomed vessel and bring it to a simmer.
- Take 1/4 cup of warm milk and add the custard powder to it. Mix well without any lumps.
- Add this custard to the boiling milk and mix well.
- Add sugar and vanilla essence and keep stirring in a low flame.
- Stir continuously to prevent lumps forming.
- Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool completely. This will thicken more as it cools.
- Add the chopped fruits to the prepare custard and combine.
- Refrigerate it and serve chilled.
- You can also chill the custard first and add the fruits before serving.
Here is a full video of making fruit custard
You might also like to check these recipes: