And here's a full list of Varalakshmi Vratham Recipes.
Semiya Chintapandu Pulihora / Vermicelli Pulihora
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup Vermicelli / Semiya
- Gooseberry sized Tamarind (approx. 1/2 tbsp)
- 2 Green Chillies or as needed
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 3/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 tbsp Urad Dal
- 1.5 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1/8 tsp Hing
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1.5 - 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak the tamarind in water for sometime. Squeeze the extract out of it and set aside.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add the vermicelli and let it cook for 4 minutes or until soft.
- When the vermicelli is cooked, turn off the flame and strain.
- Rise the cooked vermicelli with cold water and strain the water completely.
- Spread the vermicelli on a wide plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and peanuts and fry them until golden brown color.
- Add the slit green chillies, red chillies, curry leaves and hing and saute for a few seconds.
- Then add the turmeric powder and tamarind extract to it.
- Cook the mixture until oil gets separates.
- Add the salt and mix. Turn off the flame.
- Combine the cooked vermicelli and tamarind mixture well and serve.