Carrot Peanuts Chutney Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 3 - 4
Author: Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Side dish
- 1 cup Grated Carrot
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- 1 Onion medium sized
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, grated
- 3 Dried Red Chillies
- A small piece of Tamarind (approx. 1/2 tsp)
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- A pinch of Hing
- A few Curry Leaves
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add and fry the red chillies for few seconds and set them aside.
- Then add the grated carrot to the same pan and saute on a low flame till it shrinks and raw smell leaves. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add another teaspoon of oil. Add the chopped onion and fry until light brown color.
- Let it cool completely.
- Heat a pan on a medium flame, add and roast the peanuts till they turn brown. Let them cool completely.
- Remove the skin off the peanuts completely.
- Grind the roasted peanuts and red chillies to a powder.
- Add the sauteed carrot, onion, salt, tamarind and ginger and grind everything.
- Add required water and grind to a paste.
- Transfer the chutney to bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning.
- Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- When they are brown, add the hing and curry leaves and turn off the flame.
- Add the seasoned ingredients to the chutney and combine.
- Serve with idli or dosa.