Here is a complete list of Diwali Recipes.
Garlic Karasev Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Makes: 7 cups
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Snack
- 2 cups Chickpea Flour / Besan
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 5 - 7 Garlic Cloves
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Combine the chickpea flour, rice flour, salt, red chilli powder and carom seeds in a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of hot oil to the flour and mix until combined.
- Grind the peeled garlic coarsely in a mixer.
- Add 1/4 cup water and grind again well.
- Add garlic water to the flour and mix well.
- Then slowly add water little by little water to make smooth and soft dough.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Take a round holes disc in the murukku / sev press.
- Fill the murukku press with the prepared dough.
- Now slowly press the sev maker over the hot oil.
- Deep fry them on a medium flame until golden color, turn over to fry on both sides evenly.
- Drain over paper towel and let them cool completely.
- Break them into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Maida Chegodilu
- Peanut Murukku
- Gulab Jamun
- Kakara Pitha
- Wheat Rava Coconut Payasam
- Kothimbir Wadi