Chocolate Chip Crescent Cookies
Prep Time: 15 mins|Cook time: 15 mins| Makes: 60 - 65 small cookies
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Snack, dessert
- 1 + 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 6 tbsp Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar , plus more for dusting
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Combine the butter and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk until light and creamy.
- Add the vanilla essence and salt and mix well.
- Add the flour and chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Make it into a soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 40 - 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- Dust the work surface with little flour and roll the dough into 1/4 inch thickness.
- If the dough is very stiff to be rolled, let it sit at room temperature for few minutes.
- Cut the cookies with a cookie cutter and place them on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake them in the preheated oven at 180 degree C for about 10 - 15 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
- Let them cool slightly.
- When the cookies are still warm, sprinkle the powdered sugar on the top of the cookies or dip the warm cookies into the sugar powder.
- Let them cool completely and store in an airtight container.