Here's a full list of Vinayaka Chavithi Recipes
Sweet Wheat Rava Undrallu
Prep Time: 15 mins|Cook time: 20 mins| Makes: 10 - 12
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Sweet
- 1/2 cup Wheat Rava
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Powdered Jaggery
- 3 tbsp Grated Fresh Coconut
- 1.5 tbsp Moong Dal
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Soak the moong dal in water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, add and fry the soaked moong dal for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Now add the jaggery and water to it and mix well.
- After the jaggery melts, allow it to a rolling boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, add the wheat rava, coconut and cardamom powder.
- Combine well and cover with a lid. Reduce the flame to low and let it cook completely. Stir occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and leave it aside to cool.
- Grease your hands with little ghee and roll the mixture into round shape balls.
- Arrange them in a greased steamer or idli plate and steam cook over high flame for 7- 8 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and allow them to cool. Serve.