Peanut & Coconut Kozhukattai / Modak Recipe
Preparation & Cooking Time : 40 - 50 mins
Makes about 12 -14
Rice Flour : 1 cup
Peanuts : 1/2 cup
Grated fresh coconut : 1/2 cup
Powdered Jaggery : 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder: 1/2 tsp
Ghee : 1 - 2 tsp
A big pinch of salt
1. Heat a heavy bottomed pan on a medium heat, slowly roast the peanuts to golden brown color. Cool and rub the skins off.
2. Grind the roasted peanuts into a little coarse powder and set aside.
3. Combine the coconut and jaggery in a heavy bottomed pan and allow the jaggery to melt.
4. Now add the peanut powder and mix very well. Cook on a medium flame for 3 - 5 minutes. When it thickens, add the cardamom powder and mix well. Allow it to cool and roll into a round shape balls.
5. Combine the rice flour and salt in a wide bowl. Add boiling water little by little to the flour, mix very well with a spatula and make a soft dough.
6. Allow it cool for 3 - 5 minutes then knead it well. The dough should be soft and smooth.
7. Grease your hands with ghee.Take a ball of the rice flour dough and flatten it as thin as possible.
8. Place the coconut ball in the middle and cover it from all sides towards the middle and shape into a round ball.
9.Place them in a greased idly plates and steam them for 10 - 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- You can also check other steamed recipes here
- Check out other recipes of peanuts here
- Back to Recipe Index