Easy Corn Rava Upma Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianBreakfast, Brunch
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
- 1 cup Cornmeal / Maize Rava / Corn Rava
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Onion
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies, chopped
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 small sized Lemon
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 tbsp Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the cornmeal until a nice aroma comes out. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and peanuts. Let them splutter.
- Now add the chopped green chillies and curry leaves and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until translucent. Add salt and 2 cups of water to it and bring everything to a boil.
it comes to a boil, add the roasted cornmeal. Mix well and cover it
with a lid.
- Reduce the flame and let it cook completely.
- Switch off the flame. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot with a cup of ginger tea and chutney.
You might also like to check these Breakfast Recipes: