If you are looking for more rice dishes then do check Aava pettina daddojanam, aava pettina pulihora, Rava pulihora, Pudina Rice, Miriyam Pulihora, Lemon Rice and Tamarind Rice.
Daddojanam – South Indian Curd Rice Recipe
Hari Chandana P
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2Indian, South IndianMain
- ½ cup Rice
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 1 cup Yogurt
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 – 2 Green Chillies, chopped finely
- 1 ½ tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- ¾ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¾ tsp Chana Dal
- ½ tsp Urad Dal
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- A big pinch of Hing
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 Dried red chillies
- Pressure cook the rinsed rice with 1 ½ cups of water for 4 whistles.
- Lightly mash the cooked rice and let it cool a bit.
- When it it still warm, add milk and combine well. Let it cool down.
- Add the curd and salt to the rice and mix everything.
- Add little more curd or water to get the desired consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning.
- Add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal and let them splutter. Add the green chillies, ginger, red chilli and hing and fry for a few seconds.
- Add this to the curd rice and mix well.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Sabudana Kheer
- Saag Aloo
- Rose Almond Cookies
- Bellam Paramannam
- Potlakaya Perugu Pachadi
- Mulai Keerai Kootu
- Tutti Frutti Cookies
- Saggubiyyam Vadiyalu
- Atukula Vadiyalu