Indian Ginger Cardamom Chai Recipe
Prep Time: 1 min | Cook time: 12 mins | Makes: 2 cups
Hari Chandana P Indian Beverage
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 – 3 tsp tea powder
- 1 – 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- Sugar as needed
- Combine the water, grated ginger, crushed cardamom with the peel in a saucepan.
- Let it boil for 5 – 6 minutes. Then add the tea powder and sugar to the boiling water.
- Reduce the flame and boil for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add milk and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Strain the tea through a strainer into the cups.
- Serve with hot pakoras or cookies.
You might also like to check these Teatime Snack Recipes: