If you are looking for more Payasam Recipes then do check Godhuma Rava Kobbari Payasam, Rava Payasam, Semiya Payasam, Sabudana Kheer, Kobbari Payasam, Chana Dal Payasam, Ada Pradhaman, Pumpkin Payasam and Paneer Payasam.
Complete list of Varalakshmi Vratham Recipes.
Sabudana Coconut Payasam Recipe with Jaggery
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins| Serves: 3
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1/4 cup Sabudana / Sago / Tapioca Pearls
- 1/2 cup Grated Fresh Coconut
- 1.5 cups Water
- 3/4 cup Powdered Jaggery
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Milk, boiled and cooled
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Cashews and Raisins as needed
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee in a vessel. Add and roast the sabudana on a medium- low flame for 4 – 4 minutes.
- Remove them from vessel and keep it aside.
- In the same vessel, add the remaining ghee.
- Add and fry the cashews until golden color. Then add the raisins and fry until they plump up.
- Remove and set them aside.
- Bring water to a rolling boil in the same pan and add the roasted sabudana.
- Cover and cook over a low flame until sabudana turns transparent and soft to touch.
- Keep stirring occasionally.
- Add the powdered jaggery and let it dissolve completely.
- Now add the coconut and cardamom powder and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the roasted cashews and turn off the heat.
- Let the mixture cool down a little.
- Then add milk and mix until well combined.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Chintakaya Pulihora
- Ranga Alur Puli
- Rajma Sundal
- Wheat Flour Kudumulu
- Paal Kozhukattai
- Thayir Aval
- Godhuma Rava Pongali
- Jaggery Rava Kesari