If you are looking for more Ganesh Chaturthi Recipes then do check Undrallu recipe, Kudumulu, Rava Kudumulu, Ellu Kozhukattai, Modak, Poornam Kozhukattai, Pala Thalikalu, Pala Undrallu and Bellam Undrallu.
Here’s a complete list of Vinayaka Chavithi Naivedyam Recipes.
Modaka Payasam / Kheer Modak Recipe
Prep Time: 30 mins|Cook time: 30 mins| Serves: 2 – 3
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert
For the rice balls:
- 1/2 cup Fresh Grated Coconut
- 1/4 cup jaggery, powdered
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- A pinch of Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ghee or Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup Water or as needed
For the sauce:
- 3 cups Milk
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 pinches of Cardamom Powder
- Combine the grated coconut and jaggery in a pan and let the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Cook over a medium flame. Stir continuously until you get a thick mixture.
- When it thickens, add the cardamom powder and mix.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool completely.
- Grease your and hands and make 35 – 40 small balls out of the coconut mixture.
- Keep them aside.
- Add water and ghee in a vessel and bring water to a rolling boil.
- Take the rice flour in a mixing bowl and add the boiling boil little by little.
- Mix it well with a spoon.
- When it is still warm, knead it well to make a soft dough.
- The dough should be soft and slightly sticky.
- Divide the dough into small round balls and keep them covered.
- Heat milk in a heavy bottomed pan. Boil on a medium – low flame till the milk is reduced to half. Stir occasionally.
- While milk is heating, grease your hands with little oil or ghee and flatten the rice flour dough ball to form a disc or cup.
- Place the coconut stuffing in the center and bring the edges together to seal it. Shape into a small round ball.
- repeat the same process until all the dough finishes.
- Cover them with a lid and set aside.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder to the reduced milk and let the sugar dissolves completely.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Slowly drop the prepared rice flour balls to the boiling milk.
- Let them cook on medium flame for 7 – 8 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and serve at room temperature or warm.
You might also like to check these Traditional Recipes: