If you are looking for more breakfast recipes then do check Kanchipuram Upma, Cornmeal Upma, Lemon Idiayappam, Methi Poha, Jowar lemon Sevai, Vegetable Wheat Rava Upma, Rice Rava Moong Dal Upma, Puffed Rice Peas Upma, Coconut Poha and Millet Pongal.
Vegetable Ragi Semiya Upma / Finger Millet Vermicelli Upma Recipe
- 2 cups Ragi Vermicelli
- 2 cups Chopped Vegetables (carrots, potatoes and green peas)
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 3 Green Chillies or as needed
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Small Lemon optional
- 1 1/2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Fry until they are browned.
- Then add the chopped green chillies, red chilli pieces and curry leaves and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and fry till transparent.
- Add vegetables and turmeric and saute for a minute.
- Sprinkle little water and cover it with a lid.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Soak the vermicelli in salted water for 1 – 2 minutes. Drain the vermicelli.
- Steam cook the soaked vermicelli in idli plates for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Add the steamed vermicelli and salt to the veggies and combine everything.
- Cover and cook for another couple minutes and turn off the flame.
- Add lemon juice and mix.
- Serve hot!
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Apple Oats Porridge
- Peanut Coriander Chutney
- Pudina Kobbari Pachadi
- Coconut Coriander Chutney
- Ragi Flour Peanut Laddu
- Pepper Tamarind Rice
- Vermicelli Laddu
- Palakura Pesara Pappu
- Mango Lapsi
- Cabbage Mango Dal