If you are looking for more Curry Recipes then do check Aloo Palak, Shahi Paneer, Paneer Capsicum Curry, Carrot Methi Subzi, Rajma Palak, Paneer Palak Bhurji, Kadai Paneer and Mathanga Thoran.
Saag Aloo / Spinach and Potato Curry Recipe Hari Chandana PNorth IndianSide Dish, Curry
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
- 2 cups Cubed Potatoes
- 2 cups Chopped Spinach
- 1 Onion, medium sized
- 2 - 3 Green Chillies
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice or as needed (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds stop popping, add the slit green chillies and red chillies and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until translucent.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric, spinach and potatoes and combine well.
- Saute well for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle little water, cover and cook for sometime till they get cooked.
- Turn off the flame.
- Finally add the lemon juice and give a nice stir.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Ragi Roti
- Lachko Dal
- Moong Dal Tadka
- Pudina Rice
- Sago Vadiyalu
- Paneer Pav Bhaji
- Bhutte Ka Kees
- Millet with Raw Mango