Vazhakkai Podimas / Plantain Stir Fry Recipe Hari Chandana PIndian, South IndianSide dish, curry
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 4
- 2 Plantainn / Raw Banana , medium sized
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 3 - 4 tbsp Grated Fresh Coconut
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1.5 tbsp Oil
- A big pinch of Hing
- Salt to taste
|Raw Banana Podimas and Brinjal Sambar|
- Cut the plantain into two pieces. Put them in a vessel of water and cook until soft.
- Do not overcook. The plantain should be soft and firm enough to grate.
- Remove from water and cool.
- Remove the peel and grate the plantains using a grater with big holes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add the slit green chillies, curry leaves and hing and fry for a few seconds.
- Then add the finely chopped onion and fry till onions turn golden brown color.
- Now add the grated plantain, salt and turmeric powder and combine well.
- Reduce the flame to low and fry for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the coconut and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot with rice.
You might also like to check these recipes: